2018 Thanksgiving Ingathering Booklet
The 2018 Thanksgiving Ingathering Booklet is now available here. Booklets will be mailed soon. In order to reduce costs, each church will receive one booklet. Others needing information are asked to utilize the web site for their specific need.
Updated information for Ingathering 2018
You may or may not be aware that UMCOR has changed a few things regarding both the hygiene and school kits. Here are differences and changes we need to be aware of (as of Aug 20, 2018).
- No metal nail files or emery boards. ONLY fingernail or toenail clipper
- 10 band-aids, instead of the 6 previously asked for
- Folding directions are in Ingathering book, and slide packet into 1-gallon ziplock bag and close.
- Kits are to be packed in 2-gallon ziplock bags (instead of cloth school bags.)
- Kits are to contain 3 one-subject notebooks, AND a package of looseleaf paper (wide ruled or college rule accepted).
- Stack paper, put smaller items on top and slide into bag, burp and close.
THIS YEAR ONLY – If you have school kits assembled with just the spiral notebooks, we will still send them. If you can add a package of loose leaf, great! Next year will be different. Many did not realize they are asking for BOTH kinds of paper.
THIS YEAR – If you have cloth bags you have packed the school supplies in, you may bring them as they are. DO NOT use both plastic and the cloth bag. Keep kits in cloth bags and kits in plastic separated so they can be boxed for shipping, but add the numbers together on the remittance sheet – they all have the same value.
If you have unused cloth bags, consider donating them locally or sending them to Midwest Mission, 1001 Mission Drive, Pawnee IL 62558. You may also bring them to their truck at Annual Conference.
Click here to download the 2018 Remittance Form. Use ONLY this form.
For UMCOR directions, https://www.umcor.org/UMCOR/Relief-Supplies